Exclusive: Andrew threatened by balaclava-clad man

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was threatened by a man in a balaclava near his new home, The Telegraph can reveal.

The Telegraph Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor in his car

The former prince was out walking his dogs around 7.30pm on Wednesdaynear the Sandringham Estate in Norfolkwhen a man got out of his car and made his way towards him while shouting at him.

The Telegraph understands that the man had been sitting in his car when he sawMr Mountbatten-Windsorabout 50 yards away.

The former Duke of York – who was accompanied by a member of his private security detail – rushed towards his own car, parked nearby, and drove away at speed as the suspect allegedly tried to sprint after him.

A man has been arrested for possession of an offensive weapon and on suspicion of a public order offence.

The Telegraph understands that the incident happened on public land in a lane close to the Sandringham Royal Parkland.

Norfolk Constabulary was alerted and officers attended the scene, where they arrested a suspect and took him for questioning. Police were also understood to be searching the man’s vehicle for any sign of a weapon.

The incident took place close to Marsh Farm, to which Mr Mountbatten-Windsor relocated last year

A spokesman for the force said: “Officers were called to Wolferton shortly after 7.30pm on Wednesday following a report that a man was behaving in an intimidating manner in the village.

“Officers attended, and the man was arrested on suspicion of a public order offence and possession of an offensive weapon. He was taken to King’s Lynn Police Investigation Centre for questioning, and remains in custody.”

The incident took place close to Marsh Farm, the property on the Sandringham Estate to which Mr Mountbatten-Windsor relocated afterleaving Royal Lodge in Windsorlast year.

It is understood that the former duke was left shaken and was asked to provide a statement, as was his personal protection officer.

Advertisement

There have been concerns that he could be exposed to more security threats since moving to the rural location.

The King withdrew his younger brother’s personal allowanceand private security provision in 2024as he attempted to force his removal from Royal Lodge.

Since Mr Mountbatten-Windsor agreed to vacate the property late last year and relocate to the Sandringham estate, security has been a critical concern.

The Norfolk estate is largely open to the public and affords the former duke none of the protections he enjoyed when within the wider royal security cordon at Windsor.

At the beginning of April, a man and a woman reportedly scaled the exterior gate at Marsh Farm and were spotted standing on wooden barriers as they peered over a fence in front of the farmhouse.

They drove off when Mr Mountbatten-Windsor’s security detail reacted.

The disgraced royal is said to have erected a substantial white mobile home in the grounds of his new Norfolk residence as temporary accommodation for security personnel.

Earlier this year, workmen installed a six-foot perimeter fence and CCTV cameras to enhance security and privacy at the property. A no-fly zone covering the Sandringham Estate was also extended to encompass Marsh Farm.

Mr Mountbatten-Windsor has not been seen in public sincehe was photographed in the back of a carfollowing his release from police custody in February. He remains under investigation following his arrest on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

He is known to take a daily solitary dog walk around his new grounds.

A source said: “This shows why Andrew’s security provisions need to be proportionate and properly balanced for an individual with a very high profile. Surely this demonstrates why his security should be reviewed.”

Exclusive: Andrew threatened by balaclava-clad man

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was threatened by a man in a balaclava near his new home, The Telegraph can reveal. The former prince ...
Lautaro scores again as Serie A champion Inter beats Lazio in Italian Cup warmup

MILAN (AP) — After helpingInter Milan to the Serie A trophy, captain Lautaro Martínez also looks set to win the top goal-scorer’s prize.

Associated Press Inter Milan's Alessandro Bastoni, left, and Lazio's Tijjani Noslin vie for the ball during a Serie A soccer match between Lazio and Inter Milan, in Rome, Saturday, May 9, 2026. (Fabrizio Corradetti/LaPresse via AP) Inter Milan's Petar Sucic celebrates after scoring during the Serie A soccer match between Lazio and Inter Milan, in Rome, Italy, Saturday, May 9, 2026. (Fabrizio Corradetti/LaPresse via AP) Lazio's Toma Basic, left, and Inter Milan's Davide Frattesi vie for the ball during a Serie A soccer match between Lazio and Inter Milan, in Rome, Saturday, May 9, 2026. (Fabrizio Corradetti/LaPresse via AP)

Italy Serie A Soccer

Lautaro scored one and set up another to help Inter win at 10-man Lazio 3-0 on Saturday in a warmup for the Italian Cup final.

That took his tally to 17 in the league, four clear of his nearest rival, teammate Marcus Thuram. Como duo Tasos Douvikas and Nico Paz have five fewer than the Argentina World Cup winner.

There are three rounds remaining after this weekend.

Inter clinched Serie Alast Sunday and can secure a league-cup double in the Italian Cup final on Wednesday, when it will again face Lazio at the Stadio Olimpico.

On Saturday, Inter took an early lead in the sixth minute as a long throw-in was nodded on by Thuram for Lautaro to volley in from close range.

Inter doubled the lead shortly before halftime. Lautaro and Andy Diouf exchanged several passes on the left side of the area before Lautaro rolled it across for Petar Sucic to fire into the top left corner from just outside the area.

Advertisement

Lazio’s hopes of salvaging something diminished in the 59th when defender Alessio Romagnoli was sent off for a high, studs-up challenge on Ange-Yoan Bonny — the Inter forward was fortunate to come away unscathed. Romagnoli will be suspended when Lazio faces Roma next Sunday.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan capped the result for Inter.

Sardinians still not safe

Cagliari is still not mathematically safe from relegation following a 2-0 loss at home to Udinese.

Cagliari was nine points above 18th-placed Cremonese, which hosts already-relegated Pisa on Sunday.

Lecce was only four points above the drop zone and playing fourth-placed Juventus later Saturday.

AP soccer:https://apnews.com/hub/soccer

Lautaro scores again as Serie A champion Inter beats Lazio in Italian Cup warmup

MILAN (AP) — After helpingInter Milan to the Serie A trophy, captain Lautaro Martínez also looks set to win the top goal-scorer’s prize...
Who will appear on Sherri Shepherd's finale week? See guest lineup

Sherri Shepherd's daytime talk show is gearing up for its final farewell, but not without a star-studded lineup.

USA TODAY

Earlier this year, production company and distributor Debmar-Mercuryannouncedthat the nationally syndicated program would end after four seasons.

The show originally debuted in 2022, succeeding "The Wendy Williams Show."

Dubbed "#SherrisCurtainCall," a slew of celebrities are expected to appear on the show this month.

"All May, tune in to say goodbye to the best time in daytime with big laughs, fun surprises, and special guests," the showposted on Instagram.

Among confirmed guests are Taraji P. Henson, Bob the Drag Queen and Gabriel Iglesias.

Advertisement

Sherri:Talk show ending in latest daytime TV shake-up

Shepherd says she's brainstorming next steps

US actress Sherri Shepherd poses for photos during her Hollywood Walk of Fame star unveiling ceremony in Los Angeles on November 3, 2025.

In a statement sent to USA TODAY in February, Debmar-Mercury co-presidents Ira Bernstein and Mort Marcus cited the "evolving daytime television landscape" as the reason for "Sherri" ending.

They added that the decision "does not reflect on the strength of the show, its production – which has found strong creative momentum this season – or the incredibly talented Sherri Shepherd," the statement reads. "We believe in this show and in Sherri and intend to explore alternatives for it on other platforms."

Shepherdaddressed the newswith her fans a few days later, stating, "I'm not ready to throw in the towel on this show just yet." She added that she and her team will continue to fight to keep the show "alive in some way, shape or form."

In arun-in with TMZ,Shepherd said she's brainstorming her next steps and thought about podcasting, but is cognizantofthe oversaturated space. The television personality is also considering putting more time into acting. The multi-hyphenate entertainer recently starred inTyler Perry's Netflix thriller, "Straw."

"Do I go back to being an actress? Do I go back to doing sitcoms? Do I go back to doing dramas? It's just a lot of options out there," she said.

'Sherri' announces finale week guests

"Sherri" has announced the lineup for the show's finale week:

  • Porsha Williams, Chris Spencer (Airdate: Monday, May 18)

  • Star Jones, Fabrizio Guido (Airdate: Tuesday, May 19)

  • Colman Domingo (Airdate: Wednesday, May 20)

  • Finale: Niecy Nash-Betts, Michelle Buteau (Airdate: Thursday, May 21)

Taylor Ardrey is a news reporter for USA TODAY. You can reach her at tardrey@usatodayco.com.

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY:Final episodes of the 'Sherri' show airs this month. See guest lineup

Who will appear on Sherri Shepherd's finale week? See guest lineup

Sherri Shepherd's daytime talk show is gearing up for its final farewell, but not without a star-studded lineup. Earlier this ...

 

ONEEL JRNL © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com