
TRENDING Buccaneers stun Cowboys Guardians force Game 5 A'ja Wilson MVP — again NFL Week 5 NFL picks vs. spread Caitlin Clark on Fever future Story by Story by Diego Lopes makes pick for Alexander Volkanovski vs. Movsar Evloev UFC 333 fight Farah Hannoun, George Garcia and Brian Garcia, MMA Junkie Fri, October 9, 2026 at 12:03 PM UTC · 1 min read About Our Ads Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Diego Lopes knows a thing or two about the UFC 333 headliners.
Alexander Volkanovski (28-4 MMA, 15-3 UFC) defends his UFC featherweight title against Movsar Evloev (20-0 MMA, 10-0 UFC) on Oct. 24 at Etihad Arena in Abu Dhabi ( Paramount+ ).
Lopes put up a valiant effort in his UFC debut against Evloev but fell short in a Fight of the Night battle. He then won five consecutive fights to earn a shot against Volkanovski at UFC 314 but was defeated by unanimous decision. He rebounded with a finish over Jean Silva to earn a title-fight rematch against Volkanovski at UFC 325 – which he lost again .
Seeing Volkanovski still competing at the highest level at 38 has convinced Lopes he will win.
"This is a tough fight for both," Lopes told MMA Junkie Radio. "So, I don't know if Movsar can put pressure on Volkanovski on the cage, on the ground. I still think Volk. He beat me two times, so I know he's still here. I still think Volkanovski can take that. He's a big legend in this sport. Yeah, the door would open at '45 (if Volkanovski loses), but now I think I have a couple of interesting things at 155."
Lopes (28-8 MMA, 7-3 UFC) will seek new life when he makes his lightweight debut against BMF champion Charles Oliveira (37-11 MMA, 25-11 UFC) in the UFC 335 main event on Dec. 12 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
This article originally appeared on MMA Junkie: Diego Lopes makes pick for Alexander Volkanovski vs. Movsar Evloev UFC 333 fight
Source: Sport
0 Comments